‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual, and may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, telephone number, bank account details, taxation details, and accounting and financial information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and hold personal information when it is necessary for business purposes. We collect personal information from customers when they provide that personal information to us.
Customers provide us with their personal information through our website, and in written correspondence, telephone conversations, and other communication with us.
We may collect personal information about customers from third parties where we have been authorised to do so, or if the information is publicly available.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services to you;
- to market our services to you;
- to improve the services we provide;
- to respond to communications from you;
- to undertake credit checks;
- for billing and the collection of amounts owed to us;
- to comply with legal requirements;
- to carry out activities related to the operation of our business; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, we may not be able to provide you with legal services.
You may elect to no longer receive marketing material from us by giving written notice.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- if disclosure is necessary to provide you with legal services or advice;
- to any business that provides support services related to our supply of services, to the extent reasonably required;
- for credit checking purposes;
- if required to do so by law; or
- with your prior written consent.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure, and other misuse.
We will notify you at the first reasonable opportunity if we discover or are advised that your personal information has been lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by an unauthorised person or in any unauthorised manner.
- CARD PAYMENTS
We may acquire personal information when you use our online system for taking debit or credit card payments. Such information will typically include the cardholder’s name and card number, expiry date, and CSV number. We may obtain other personal information from your bank in connection with your use of our payment system as required to facilitate payments being made.
All transactions will be processed through a secure, third-party system. We and the provider of our payment system are subject to, and comply with, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards for storage of card information.
We will only disclose information obtained from your use of our payment system for purposes relating to that use, unless otherwise required by law.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the Act, you have the right to access, and request corrections to, your personal information that we hold.
We must be satisfied that a request to correct personal information is reasonable and that we are reasonably able to make the correction. We will use reasonable endeavours to advise you if we are unable to make a requested correction.
- INTERNET USE
We may change this policy from time to time. Any amended policy is effective from the time it is published on our website and will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any changes.